- 1 Where in London is Holborn?
- 2 Is Holborn London safe?
- 3 Who lived in Holborn?
- 4 Is Holborn a good area?
- 5 Which zone is Holborn?
- 6 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 7 What are the bad parts of London?
- 8 What is the best part of London to live in?
- 9 What does Holborn mean?
- 10 How do you spell Holborn?
- 11 What postcode is Holborn?
- 12 Where in London is Clerkenwell?
Where in London is Holborn?
Holborn (/ˈhoʊbən/ HOH-bə(r)n or /ˈhɒlbərn/) is a district in central London, which covers the south-eastern part of the London Borough of Camden and a part (St Andrew Holborn Below the Bars), of the Ward of Farringdon Without in the City of London.
Is Holborn London safe?
Holborn has a high violent crime rate and a high property crime rate for London.
Who lived in Holborn?
Holborn is an intriguing and ancient place, called home by some of London’s most famous residents, including the author Charles Dickens. Some of the earliest evidence for human activity in the city was found here, in 1679, when a 350,000 year old hand axe was discovered on Gray’s Inn Road.
Is Holborn a good area?
The Holborn experience With a variety of housing options, everything you need just a stone’s throw away, and an extensive selection of shops, restaurants and luxury hotels just around the corner, it’s no surprise that Holborn is one of London’s most desirable areas.
Which zone is Holborn?
Services. The station is in London fare zone 1. On the Central line the station is between Tottenham Court Road and Chancery Lane, and on the Piccadilly line, it is between Covent Garden and Russell Square. Holborn is the only direct interchange between these lines.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
What are the bad parts of London?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
What is the best part of London to live in?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
What does Holborn mean?
Both names derive from the Old English words ‘hoth burna’ meaning ‘stream in the hollow’. It will be realised therefore that both the street called Holborn and Fleet Street both derive their names from being associated with the same stream. The name of Holborn by name is also to be found in the Domesday Book (1086).
How do you spell Holborn?
Holborn: A perennial puzzler, Holborn is best pronounced using as few letters as possible – o’b’n rather than Hole-born. Ho-bun is probably the commonest form among locals. Marylebone: As with Holborn, using fewer letters gets you nearer to the local pronunciation (up to a point). Mar’l’bun is a good start.
What postcode is Holborn?
Area Information for Holborn, Camden, London, EC1N 2AE. Holborn in Camden is in the London region of England. The postcode is within the Holborn and Covent Garden ward/electoral division, which is in the constituency of Holborn and St Pancras.
Where in London is Clerkenwell?
About Clerkenwell Clerkenwell is an area of Central London in the London Borough of Islington. Clerkenwell was once known as London’s “Little Italy” because of the large number of Italians living in the area between the 1850s and the 1960s.