- 1 Why is taken Rated PG-13?
- 2 Why is Jaws Not rated PG-13?
- 3 Are PG-13 movies bad?
- 4 Is Gladiator suitable for a 12 year old?
- 5 Is Jaws ok for a 10 year old?
- 6 Can a 7 year old watch Jaws?
- 7 Did Jaws use a real shark?
- 8 Can a 5 year old go to a PG 13 movie?
- 9 Can 12 year olds see pg 13 movies?
- 10 Can a 10 year old watch PG 13?
- 11 What age rating is Braveheart?
- 12 Why is Gladiator R?
- 13 What Gladiator got wrong?
Why is taken Rated PG-13?
Taken is rated PG – 13 by the MPAA for intense sequences of violence, disturbing thematic material, sexual content, some drug references and language. This film about a father trying to rescue his daughter from the European sex trade features discussions about that topic, along with many scenes of aggressive violence.
Why is Jaws Not rated PG-13?
But after some of the more gruesome frames of the shot showing the severed leg of the man attacked by the shark in the estuary were trimmed down, the film was given a PG – rating (the PG – 13 – rating wasn’t created until after Spielberg’s own film, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, caused the MPAA to change the system
Are PG-13 movies bad?
The The Motion Picture Association of America defines PG – 13 movies as having some material that may be inappropriate for children under 13. Parents are urged to be cautious. While The Motion Picture Association of America recommends that children under 13 do not see PG – 13 movies, there is no magical age.
Is Gladiator suitable for a 12 year old?
Even if this film is amazing I would definitely recommend it for your teens. There are some very strong and graphic scenes of violence and combat. There is some very intense, bloody and graphic violence in this film.
Is Jaws ok for a 10 year old?
Jaws is an okay movie for kids 13 and up. It has quite a bit of blood but its about the standard amount for a shark attack. There is a disturbing scene that involves a man being eaten and shaken around on a boat, along with some other images that may make kids under 13 feel uncomfortable.
Can a 7 year old watch Jaws?
Isn’t That Bloody And Scary For Me. But Iffy For 4 And 5 Year Olds. Overall. 6 And 7 Year Olds Should Be Fine With It.
Did Jaws use a real shark?
8. A real shark shown in the movie, caught and hung up on the dock, came all the way from Florida. Needing a big shark that the townspeople could believe might have been the perp behind the early attacks in the film, the crew was under pressure to catch one off the location shoot on Martha’s Vineyard.
Can a 5 year old go to a PG 13 movie?
The PG – 13 rating indicates some material may be inappropriate for children under age 13. “In my opinion a 5 – year – old watching a PG – 13 movie is wrong,” says panelist Bill Vogler. “You are well within your right to say you don’t want this for your child.
Can 12 year olds see pg 13 movies?
A 12 year old can go to see a PG – 13 movie, IF they have an adult with them. G and PG movies mean that anyone can go into them. PG – 13 movies, only people that are over 13 or have an adult with them can go see it. R movies, only people over 17 or have an adult with them can go see it.
Can a 10 year old watch PG 13?
Put simply, no. There’s nothing illegal about bringing a 10 – year – old to a PG – 13 movie — because that’s exactly what the rating means. You, as a parent, are allowed to determine if your child is mature enough to handle the subject matter of a given film.
What age rating is Braveheart?
Braveheart  [R] – 6.10. 2 | Parents’ Guide & Review | Kids-In-Mind.comKids-In-Mind.com. Mel Gibson stars as William Wallace, the real-life 13th century Scottish hero. SEX/NUDITY 6 – A few kisses.
Why is Gladiator R?
WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R For intense graphic combat.
What Gladiator got wrong?
6. They got Commodus all wrong. Only 18 at the time of the death of his father, Commodus is described as tall, muscular and blonde. He trained in gladiatorial combat and boasted 620 victories, at least according to his own writing, which is probably accurate enough because his opponents always submitted to the Emperor.